Webcast Sustainable packaging beyond borders - the packaging system in Belgium vs the Netherlands
Fost Plus and The Netherlands Institute for Sustainable Packaging (KIDV) invite you to the webcast ‘Sustainable packaging beyond borders – The packaging system in Belgium vs. the Netherlands’ on the 2nd of December 2021 from 3 to 5pm.
The production and sales of packed products and the recycling of packaging waste are not limited by national borders. Yet different rules and systems apply in each country, which results in questions for companies. There is a need for more clarity. During this webcast, we will give you an overview of how the packaging chain works in the Netherlands and Belgium. What are the similarities and what are the differences and why? How is design-for-recycling stimulated in both countries? And how can we work together to improve the sustainability of packaging and help companies move forward? What are the long-term expectations in terms of sorting and recycling of packaging?
(more to be announced soon)
- Welcome by moderator Mike Jefferson (Consultant and manager at EPRO)
- An introduction to the Belgium EPR scheme by Mik Van Gaever (COO at Fost Plus)
- An introduction to the Dutch EPR scheme by Hester Klein Lankhorst (CEO at Afvalfonds Verpakkingen)
- How is the packaging chain organised in the Netherlands? by Bianca Lambrechts (CEO at Nedvang)
- What can we learn from each other? Similarities and differences between both countries by Karen van de Stadt (Packaging expert at KIDV)
- Panel discussion: moving forward with design-for-recycling
Panel members: Mike Jefferson (moderator), Steven Boussemaere (Director Innovation & Business Development at Fost Plus), An Vossen (executive manager at Plarebel), Marion Beugelsdijk (Packaging & Manufacturing Expert at Albert Heijn), and Chris Bruijnes (CEO at KIDV).
- Closing remarks by Mike Jefferson
Participation in the webcast is possible after registration and is free of charge. During the meeting, you can ask the speakers questions via chat and participate in polls during the panel discussion. We look forward to taking your views and input into account.